Covid-19: Our Response
As we navigate the impacts of COVID-19, we recognize the challenges facing our clients and our communities. I want to emphasize we are here for you during this difficult time and we will do whatever we can to support you while ensuring we protect the health and safety of our staff.
We are taking this threat to our health seriously and are doing all we can to minimize risk. We are committed to following the guidelines set out by Health Canada and will work to minimize social interaction, when and where possible.
Please read through the information below to learn more about resources available to you and what Brio Insurance is doing to keep our staff and clients safe at this time.
President + CEO
Although our branches are open to the public, our staff can help with many insurance services by email or over the phone, including Autopac transactions (see below) and other payments.
If you are visiting a branch, please follow the guidelines and travel restrictions outlined by Manitoba Health. We will be asking all visitors COVID-19 screening questions before they enter the branch.
Face masks and social distancing are mandatory in all branches. All clients are strongly recommended to bring their own face covering when visiting a branch, or we have a supply of disposable masks available if needed.
Manitoba Public Insurance is temporarily allowing Autopac transactions to be completed over the phone. These transactions include:
- New registration and policy application
- Renewal of an expiring / expired driver’s license (including photo)
- Reapplication of a lapsed driver’s license
- Manual reassessment of an active or lapsed driver’s license
- Driver’s license replacement
- Basic ID card replacement (with no information changes)
- Vehicle insurance coverage renewal, reassessment, reactivation, or reapplication
- Transfer of policy
If needed, you can make an insurance payment remotely:
- Pay your insurer directly on their website (you will need your policy number to complete these transactions and we can help you find that).
- Call Brio Insurance to make a credit card payment.
As we navigate the effects of COVID-19, helping to protect the health and safety of our staff is our absolute top priority.
Cleaning + sanitation efforts
We have increased sanitation efforts during nightly cleanings and have encouraged our staff to wipe down their work stations throughout the day. If you absolutely need to visit an office, we encourage all clients to use the hand sanitizer provided during your visit.
Health + safety of staff
We are following all of the guidelines set out by Health Canada, and are encouraging our staff to do the same. Staff who are not feeling well or need to self-isolate have access to paid sick time.