It’s time you got car insurance that is just like you – one of a kind. So, whether you host solo dance parties on your commute or collect quarters in your cupholder, you know that you are covered the way you need to be. Get a quote from Brio Insurance (your authorized Autopac agent) and see for yourself.
You have car insurance options
In Manitoba, your basic vehicle coverage includes a $500 deductible and $200,000 in liability coverage. From there, you have three main options.
- Recreational (for those who only drive once in a while)
- All-purpose (for those who drive to work / school)
- Commuter (for the people who drive into a bigger city for work)
Once you’ve selected your basic car insurance, it’s time to pick the options you need for your driving habits. These are known in the insurance world as extensions. These can be from Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) or from Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance (SMI). Here are a few of the options:
- Deductibles of $300, $200, or $100.
- Liability of $1, $2, $5, $7, or $10 million.
- Loss of use coverage – level one or two.
- New / leased protection for the first two years on brand-new vehicles and one year on vehicles that are one model year old.
- Increased max insured value (MPI will only pay up to $50,000 on a total loss so if your vehicle is worth more, you need to buy up the value).
- Income Replacement Indemnity (IRI) extension coverage.
How you can save on your car insurance
Increases in insurance rates are frustrating. We get it; they go up for us too! As more cars are on the road or if there are more accidents in a year, rates will end up going up to cover the costs of repairs.
Although we can’t make the overall car insurance rates go down, we put together a few tips to help you out.