When you register a motorcycle, the basic coverage is $200,000 liability and a $500 deductible for collision only. Comprehensive coverage (coverage for theft, hail damage, vandalism, etc.) isn’t automatically included. No fear! There are extension products you can purchase to add more coverage.
- Liability of $1, $2, $5, $7, or $10 million.
- Lower collision deductible of $300, $200, or $100.
- Comprehensive deductible of $200 or $500.
- Loss of use coverage – level 1, 2 or 3.
- Provides you with a set amount of money to rent a replacement vehicle in case yours is in an accident.
- New / leased vehicle protection for a brand-new or one model-year-old motorcycle.
- Increased max insured value (MPI will only pay up to $50,000 on a total loss. If your vehicle is worth more, you need to buy up the value).
If you own a Harley Davidson and would like to purchase comprehensive coverage insurance for it, MPI needs to make an inspection of the bike first.
For more information on rates and coverage options, contact your local Brio Insurance branch.