Whether you’re travelling a short distance or halfway across the world, here are a few travel tips to help you along the way.
- If you have credit card insurance be sure you know what you are covered for. Some credit cards have restrictions like age and trip length, pre-existing condition clauses, and limits of coverage.
- Bring a credit card with you that has a larger available credit limit in case of an emergency. Even with travel insurance, sometimes you need to pay upfront for expenses and get reimbursed.
- Take a picture or photocopy of the front and back of your credit card in case something happens to your wallet. That way you’ll still be able to make purchases online (like a flight home!).
- If you have coverage from work, know the limitations and what you are covered for.
- Bring copies of your policy with you and leave copies at home with a friend or family member.
- Make copies of all your travel documents (like your passport) and itinerary. Bring one set with you and leave a set at home.
- Check if your home insurance requires someone to check on your home (and how often they need to).
If you have questions about your coverage or want to get travel insurance, give Brio Insurance a call! Our travel experts are happy to help you out.
What’s in your suitcase?
Sometimes it’s hard to remember what you can and can’t pack in your carry-on. The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority has great resources on what you can take in your carry-on.
And, if you’re like us and always forget toothpaste, you’ll want to download this super-handy travel checklist. It’s fillable, so while you can go old-school and print it off, you can also save it to your desktop and check things off digitally.