5 tips to prepare for your winter getaway
Travelling this winter? We got you covered!
Saying goodbye to the snow and hello to the sand? Or maybe you are taking that dream European vacation this year? Wherever you are going, travel worry-free so you can enjoy your time away!
Here are 5 tips to prepare for your winter getaway:
- Be familiar with your medical history
The majority of insurers have requirements for pre-existing medical conditions (companies may not be liable to pay benefits or accept liability for claims relating to services or charges resulting directly or indirectly from a pre-existing condition that was not stable). It’s important to be up-to-date on your medical prescriptions as well.
- Purchase your travel coverage as soon as possible after booking a trip
Travel insurance is the best way to make sure you are covered while you are away. For trip cancellation, some insurers will require you to purchase insurance within 72 hours of booking your trip. Other information you need to have handy to purchase a travel insurance policy are:
- Trip details, like travel dates and destination
- Legal names for each person on the policy
- Medical information for each person on the policy
Note: If anything changes in your health or a change in prescription happens from the time that you purchase your emergency medical travel insurance to the time that you leave on your trip, contact us to review. This may affect your coverage.
- Consider purchasing multi-trip insurance
Are you going to travel more than once this year? Purchasing multi-trip insurance may be a better option for you:
- Reduce the stress of having to purchase insurance each time you travel
- Multi-trip insurance in most cases will be cheaper per trip than buying separate insurance policies each time you travel
- The policy can be bought for your family when you travel together or separately
- Keep your insurance docs handy
Add packing your insurance documents to your packing list! You’ll want to make sure you have a copy with you while you are on vacation. In some cases, your policy can also be emailed to you.
- Check travel advisories before you leave
Stay informed and up-to-date when you travel, and check the Government of Canada travel advisory website before you leave.
Get the best travel insurance for your next adventure, no matter your travel style. Let us know your vacation plans and our travel insurance experts will take it from there. Contact us today to request a quote.